This puppy contract (the "Agreement") is entered into between The Golden Court (the "Seller) and ________________________ (the "Buyer") on ______________________. The current contact information is as follows:
City, State, Zip: Madison, AL
City, State, Zip:
This ________________ Golden Retriever puppy (the "Puppy") was whelped on 10/18/2020 to the following:
Sire: Judge Monet
- Registration #: AKC SS06903302
- Registration #: AKC SR90278904
The Seller and Buyer have agreed to selling price of $ __________for the Puppy. The Seller and Buyer have agreed to a deposit of 10% of the purchase price at the time of execution of this Agreement. The Buyer will pay the $_____________ balance on the date the Buyer receives the Puppy (the "Delivery Date"). In the event that the Seller cannot deliver the puppy by __________ .The Seller shall refund the 10% deposit to the Buyer via cashier’s check, money-order, Venmo, Cash App, Cash, BTC, ETH, ERG, gooddog, or which ever payment is prefered by __________.
Terms of Sale
The Seller agrees:
- The Puppy will be in good health on the Delivery Date and shall have had no major sicknesses prior to the Delivery Date.
- The Seller will provide a veterinarian check prior to the Delivery Date to ensure the Puppy is in good health (including but not limited to testing for worms, parasites, and parvo). All veterinary paperwork will be provided to the Buyer on the Delivery Date.
- The Seller will provide two rounds of shots for the Puppy prior to the Delivery Date. The Seller shall provide to the Buyer proof of such shots on the Delivery Date. In the event that the second round of shots is not completed by the Delivery Date, the Seller shall reduce the purchase price by the cost of the second round of shots.
- The Seller will file for American Kennel Club ("AKC") limited registration for the Puppy and provide the Buyer with all associated paperwork confirming the AKC registration upon the Delivery Date. If the AKC registration papers are not received by Delivery Date, the Seller agrees to mail the papers to the Buyer's address no later than 2 weeks after delivery.
- The Buyer shall have 72 hours after the Delivery Date in which to have the Puppy examined by its own veterinarian. Such examination must include a written assessment of overall fitness and wellness signed by the veterinarian (the "Preliminary Examination"). During the first 72 hours, the Puppy may be returned for any reason to Seller for a full refund of the purchase price so long as the Puppy has not been hurt, injured or sicken by maltreatment. If the Puppy is returned due to illness or the Preliminary Examination, a letter from the veterinarian is required. In lieu of returning the Puppy, the Buyer may request that the Seller cover any expenses necessary to remediate any issues found in the Preliminary Examination. The Seller, in its sole discretion, shall either pay such expenses or take back the Puppy and provide a full refund of the purchase price.
Transferability of Guarantees
The guarantees are made only with Buyer and are not transferable to any person or entity.
- General Health Guarantee
Following the Preliminary Inspection and up to twenty-five (25) months of age, Seller guarantees that the Puppy will not have or develop congenital health defects including hereditary heart defects, hip dysplasia and/or cataracts. If Buyer's veterinarian determines that the Puppy has hip dysplasia, the Buyer must have the condition confirmed by the OFA, Cert or Cerf at eighteen months of age. If Puppy is found to have a congenital health defect that poses a risk to life or prevents Puppy from participating in normal daily activities, Seller shall refund the purchase price, or at Buyer's sole discretion and as described below, Seller shall provide a replacement Puppy from a future litter. A written description of the defect and a description of the degree of physical impairment must accompany any request for refund or replacement of Puppy. This guarantee does not include viral illnesses, bacterial illnesses, acquired illness, vaccinosis, allergies, bites, infections, hernias, hypoglycemia, Giardia, Coccidosis, indigestion of foreign objects, ingestion of food or chemicals, or physical injury contracted or incurred following Buyer's receipt of Puppy.
- Hip Guarantee
Seller guarantees the health of Puppy's hips in the following manner:
- Hips will be certifiable at a level of fair or better by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals ("OFA") prior to 25 months of age. The cost of any such certification shall be at Buyer's expense.
- Health Testing
Health testing will be completed in the following manner.
- Test results that do not meet the guarantee certification minimums described will be accompanied by written statement from a licensed veterinarian that took the x-rays or performed the examination and will be communicated to Seller within thirty (30) days of receipt of test results.
- Seller will have the right to re-test and re-certify the Puppy at their discretion and expense.
- Refund or Replacement of Puppy
If, prior to 25 months of age, it is determined that the Puppy has failed to meet the minimum requirements outlined above, and the Buyer is able to show that it has met the requirements of this Agreement, a refund or replacement puppy will be given in the following manner:
- Buyer will provide all health records for Puppy since the Delivery Date.
- Refund will be provided by the Seller via check or money-order in the amount of $1,000.00.
- If the Buyer, in its sole discretion, chooses to receive another puppy in lieu of a receiving a refund, Buyer will be placed at the top of the current waiting list for the next available litter.
- Buyer understands that the replacement puppy may not have the same parents as Puppy.
- A new agreement containing terms identical to those of this Agreement will apply to the replacement puppy.
- The Seller shall not require that the Puppy be returned for the refund or replacement to occur.
- A major external trauma to the Puppy, such as the Puppy being hit by a car, shall immediately void all guarantees and all of Buyer's rights to refund or replacement of the Puppy under this Agreement
- Right of Recovery
- If Buyer cannot keep the Puppy, the Seller will have the right of first refusal to take back the Puppy. There will be no cash refund nor will a replacement puppy be provided.
- Puppy Pick Upon Deposit
- Seller reserves the right to first pick of the litter for themselves.
- The Puppy must be picked up by 9 weeks of age. Seller reserves the right to sell the Puppy if it is not picked up by 9 weeks of age to an alternate buyer. Buyer can request, and Seller can agree, in its sole discretion, to leave the Puppy after 9 weeks of age with the Seller and pay a $25 per day boarding fee.
- Buyer Covenants
Certain activities can cause joint or other health problems. To avoid these problems, Buyer agrees to the following terms. Failure to abide by any covenant listed in this section will result in the voiding of all guarantees in the Agreement, written or implied:
- Buyer shall have Puppy examined by a veterinarian within 72 hours of receipt of Puppy.
- Buyer will register Puppy with AKC within 72hrs of veterinarian visit.
- The Puppy must be neutered/spayed after 12-months of age.
- The Puppy shall be given adequate and proper shelter, and housed securely.
- The Puppy shall not be restrained routinely by chaining to a stationary object.
- The Puppy shall not be used for any inhumane, immoral or illegal purposes.
- The Puppy shall not be subject to physical abuse.
- The Puppy shall receive proper veterinary care throughout its lifetime including annual veterinary check-ups with appropriate vaccinations, heartworm prevention and parasite prevention.
- The Puppy shall receive proper nutrition and care shall be taken to maintain its proper weight
- The Buyer shall first notify the Seller if, for any reason, the Buyer decides it no longer wants or is capable of keeping the Puppy. The Seller shall have first right-of-refusal if the Puppy is to be disposed of in any way.
- The Buyer shall notify the Seller of any AKC, ANKC, ENCI, etc. titles earned by the Puppy.
- The Buyer shall not allow the Puppy to participate in long distance running during the first 12 months of Puppy's life.
- In the event the Puppy's hips do not meet the minimum standards provided for in this Agreement, Buyer shall provide reasonable written proof that all of Buyer's responsibilities listed above have been met within 30 days of Seller's request for such proof.
- The Seller warrants and agrees that he is the lawful owner of the Puppy and is alone responsible for entering into this contract with the Buyer.
- Other than the express guaranties and warranties provided for in this Agreement, no further guarantees or warranties, expressed or implied, are given by the Seller.
- The Seller reserves the right to terminate/modify this contract at any time prior to receipt of the puppy.
The parties have read and understand this Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties hereto with respect to the sale described herein.
________________________________ Date: ______________
________________________________ Date: ______________